Though affordable, the Huawei Watch GT 3 is a smartwatch packed with features according to iFix. If you have one, you know its stainless steel and ceramic finish make it look like a luxury watch. You can also track your sleep and workouts with built-in health sensors. But, screen damage is not uncommon, especially when you’re wearing your watch while working out or doing repairs around the house. Luckily I’ve got some tips for replacing the screen on your own—here’s everything you need to know about getting your Huawei to watch GT 3 back in top condition:
Huawei Watch GT 3 Screen Replacement
This is a guide to help you replace your Huawei watch GT 3 screen. This guide is written for Huawei watch GT 3 owners who want to replace their screens.
Disassemble the Watch
The first step to replacing your Huawei Watch GT 3 screen is to disassemble it.
- First: Remove the back cover of your watch. If you have one, you can do this by pulling it off or prying it up with a plastic tool. The case should pop right off, but be careful not to scratch the sides of the watch with anything sharp.
- Second: Look for screws on the back of your Huawei Watch GT 3 and remove them using a Phillips screwdriver before opening up your case using a plastic tool (or fingers if you’re brave). A heat gun may also help loosen up the glue that holds any parts together inside of the watch’s case.
- Third: Now that everything is open and accessible, use tweezers or another suitable tool to pick out old adhesive from around damaged LCD screens inside of their frames so they can be removed easily later on in this process when reinstalling them onto new replacement screens after removing their protective films first!
Products You May Need for This Repair
Remove the back cover of the watch
Remove the back cover of the watch. The first step is to remove the back cover of your Huawei Watch GT 3, which you can do in different ways:
- You are removing the battery or removing screws from under a flap on the side of your watch.
- After removing either one of these, you will find that four screws are holding down a metal plate covering up both camera lenses, speaker and microphone holes, and charging pins for USB Type-C cables.
- Once you have removed these screws and lifted off this metal plate (glued down), carefully lift it on one side at a time until it comes free from its adhesive backing.
Remove The Screws On The Back Of The Watch
- The first step to replacing the Huawei watch GT 3 screen is to remove the screws holding it together. Unfortunately, this can be a challenge because most of them are hidden under stickers or in hard-to-reach places. However, there are usually only about ten screw types and sizes used throughout the entire device.
- You’ll need a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove these fasteners, so make sure you have one handy before beginning this process. If you don’t have access to one at your repair job, try looking for one on Amazon or eBay—there’s no shame in buying tools online!
- If you’re having trouble locating specific types of screws, go ahead and skip down to our section on finding them by location; otherwise, feel free to read on for more information about removing those pesky little things yourself:
Open Up The Case Using A Plastic Tool
To access the Huawei Watch GT 3 screen, you will need to open up the case. This is done using a plastic tool.
- First, use your heat gun to loosen up any glue holding down the back panel of the watch case. This step is essential because you’ll want as much room inside as possible when removing or installing screws on this model, so be sure you’ve loosened up all glue before continuing!
- Once you’ve done that, open up both halves of your Huawei Watch GT 3 device by prying those apart with your plastic tool.
- Remove any straps or other parts that are attached at this time so they won’t get in your way when removing screws from later steps.
Use A Heat Gun To Loosen Up And Remove The Glue
Now that you have removed the back cover and battery, it’s time to get the screen off the watch.
- You can use glue to hold most of the components together, so you’ll need to heat up what’s left for them to separate.
- Use a heat gun on all sides except for where the LCD is located (the screen). You don’t want to burn or get it too hot as this can permanently damage it. It should also not touch any other major component such as the battery or back cover while heating up.
- Once heated enough, use your tools again and pry apart any parts that are still stuck together after heating them with your heat gun.
Remove The Strap From The Watch Case
- Once you have removed the strap from the strap holder, remove the strap holder by removing the screws holding it in place.
- To do this, use a #00 screwdriver and unscrew them one at a time. Once all four screws have been removed, pry out your old strap holder using a plastic tool such as an iFixit Pro Tech Tool Kit or spudger if you don’t have one handy.
- If you have difficulty prying out your old strap holder, spray some compressed air inside the watch case and try again.
Pick Out Your Damaged LCD Screen
Before replacing the screen, you need to verify that you’ve purchased the correct one.
- The model number is found on a sticker or label on either side of the display.
- The screen size and resolution are written on this sticker as well.
- The connector type will be printed on the bracket of your device, which can be found in its original packaging or with instructions for replacement.
Twist-Off Any Metal Clips Holding In Your Broken Screen
Now that you have the metal clips off your Huawei watch GT 3, it’s time to remove the broken screen.
- Before doing this, ensure you read through their guide on removing it (and keep an eye out for any warnings).
- Once ready, use a plastic tool (like a spudger) to gently pull up on the edges of your broken screen and get some leverage.
- Once there is enough room between the glass and frame of your watch, use another tool (like a guitar pick or flathead screwdriver) and run it along the gap until all four sides are separated.
- Once they’re separated, carefully lift one side of your old display and place it face down so as not to scratch or damage anything further.
- You might notice some glue residue left over when removing this part; don’t worry! We’ll talk about how to clean that up later in this article!
Get Your New Screen Ready For Installation
- Remove the protective film from the screen
- Clean the screen with alcohol
- Use a heat gun to remove the glue on both sides of the old screen so you can remove it from the inside.
- Use a plastic tool to open up your Huawei watch GT case and loosen four screws inside each corner of your case (there is eight total) using a small screwdriver or knife.
- Once four screws have been removed, pry open only one side of your watch case enough so that you can slide out its metal strap-holder piece, then repeat for all four sides – this will make it easier for you when connecting everything; back together again later!
This is A Great Guide for Replacing Your Huawei Watch GT 3 Screen
This is an excellent guide for replacing your Huawei watch GT 3 screen.
It’s not hard to do, but you will need some tools, such as tweezers and a suction cup. The most challenging part is removing the old adhesive from the frame. The good news is that you can save a lot of money by doing this yourself, and it’s not that hard either! If you have any questions feel free to ask in our comments section!
The Huawei Watch GT 3 is a great smartwatch with the solid build quality. It’s easy to replace the screen if it breaks. If you’re still having trouble with replacing your screen, please contact us with any questions or comments!
Huawei Watch GT 3 screen replacement is straightforward, but there are some precautions you should follow to avoid making any mistakes.
- Take your time and do not rush through the repair process.
- Safety is the most important thing to consider, so before you repair your Huawei watch GT 3, ensure you have all the necessary tools and parts.
- To replace the LCD screen on your Huawei watch GT 3, you will need a pry tool, a screwdriver, an opening pick and a pair of tweezers.
- Please do not use any metal tools in opening your Huawei watch GT 3 screen replacement, as they may cause damage to internal parts of the watch and even scratch other components such as the camera lens or microphone.
- Remove the back cover of your Huawei watch GT 3 with the pry tool or a coin if it has no screws under it. Then remove all screws from the sides of your Huawei watch GT 3 with a screwdriver.
- Now remove all screws from the rear side of your Huawei watch GT 3 with an opening pick until they are out completely.
- Do not forget those under the SIM card tray and under its antenna cable connector, which is located just above it on its right side (when looking at it from above).
- After removing all screws from both sides and under them, use tweezers to disconnect antenna cables from their connectors on both sides and below them (the one just above the SIM card tray).